Common Sense Home Selling Tips – Details Matter
Here’s some home selling tips that you may not have considered.
When you’re ready to sell your home, the right real estate professional can help you receive the best price in the shortest time.
As an experienced Realtor, Page knows the Taos market, and she is well-versed in every aspect of the sales process, from strategically marketing your home to navigating the closing process to ensure that your transaction is as seamless as possible.
Before you put your home on the market, Page will:
• Provide you with a comprehensive presentation of the information you need to attain a clear understanding of our market.
• Discuss your motivations and timeframe for selling.
• Review marketing and pricing strategies.
• Walk through your home with you and advise you of how to prepare it to show to its best advantage.
According to the National Association of Realtors, in 2013, 92% of home buyers searched online for their next home. Because of this, our listings are widely distributed online. More fun facts from NAR: 88% of buyers purchased their home through a real estate agent. Moreover, 88% of sellers used an agent to sell their home.
Home Selling Tips – The Checklist
Prospective buyers and their agents want to know as much about your home as possible. Please gather the items below that apply. We will compile a comprehensive listing packet to help us effectively market your property.
Photographs and well-written copy are a great hook to attract their interest—but then they want to know details. Not all of the items below may apply to your property. For example, if you are on town utilities, you won’t have a septic or well permit. But if any of these items do apply, having the information available to us will make for a comprehensive listing packet.
- Survey or ILR (Improvement Location Report)
- Title work from your purchase of the property
- Well permit
- Well share agreement
- Septic permit
- CC&Rs (Covenants, Conditions, & Restrictions) and/or Bylaws
- Water rights/irrigation information
- Floor plans and/or blueprints
- Warranty deed
- Keys (two copies: one for the lockbox and one for our office)
We’ll also need specific showing instructions, including alarm location & code. Also, it isn’t uncommon for a prospective buyer to request a summary of utility expenses. You can contact your utility companies (Kit Carson Electric Cooperative, New Mexico Gas Company, your propane company, or the Town of Taos) to request a utility summary; just have your account number handy.
In addition, at the time we take the listing, we’ll have some forms for you to complete:
• Property Disclosure Statement
• Lead-based Paint Addendum (if your home was built prior to 1978)
• Non-foreign Seller Affidavit
• Lockbox Authorization Form
Get a Free Comparative Market Analysis from Page Sullivan
If you’re ready to put your home on the market but have yet to list it, than the first thing you need to do if is to request a home evaluation and Comparative Market Analysis. Taos Real Estate offers a Free Comparative Market analysis to those with an interest in having us professionally list their home, or property for sale. To get more information about how our competitive market analysis can help you sell your home click the following link. Comparative Market Analysis and Home Evaluation.
Or if you’re in a hurry and want to get started right now fill out the form to the right of the page and we’ll be in touch promptly. If you’re on a mobile device you can also use the “click to call” to ring up our office. We’re available during normal business hours, mountain standard time Monday through Friday.